CSM for Shopify Adds Gift Card Support
and Other Improvements
A new release of Suite Engine’s Channel Sales Manager (CSM) for Shopify is available on Microsoft AppSource. This release continues the 2022 theme of improved CSM deployment capabilities by introducing functionality that allows users to automatically load Shopify shipping methods and shipping carriers into Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Gifts cards can be a complex component within a business. There are many issues and questions clients may have about gift card setup & retrieval processes. Suite Engine is here to clarify any questions that our clients have about the topic. It is possible to retrieve and issue Shopify gift cards from a CSM sales channel in Business Central.
Sierra Price, Product Specialist | Suite Engine
In addition to general CSM product improvements that keep the Shopify extension at parity with CSM’s other platform integrations, CSM for Shopify also includes some Shopify-specific improvements, the most noteworthy being gift card support. CSM users can now issue and manage Shopify gift cards directly from within Business Central. Other platform enhancements include extended allocation options for order discounts and better support for payment methods that do not permit multiple payment capture activities against the same order.
Shopify Gift Card Setup
A new Gift Card FastTab has been added to the CSM Sales Channel page. Here you can enter the default G/L accounts to which gift card amounts will be posted:
- Default Gift Card Account: Enter or use the AssistButton to select the default general ledger account to which newly issued gift card amounts will be posted. When a new gift card is being issued from within Business Central, the application will suggest this account by default, although it can be manually changed, if necessary. This would typically be a cash account.
- Default Gift Card Balancing Account: Enter or use the AssistButton to select the default general ledger account to which the balancing entry for newly-issued gift card amounts will be posted. When a new gift card is being issued from within Business Central, the application will suggest this balancing account by default, although it can be manually changed, if necessary. This would typically be a liability account.
Managing Shopify Gift Cards
Shopify has many features that will improve the user experience in managing gift cards:
- gift card’s unique ID
- starting and remaining balance
- dates of expiration or disablement.
The following filter options for Shopify gift cards are available:
- include or exclude zero balance
- disabled gift cards from the list
To support these new features, a new release of CSM Core was issued. You’ll find details in the published release notes written specifically for CSM Core.
Read more …