May 3, 2022
This release introduces a new Channel Shipping Method field (field number 205) to the CSM Order table, which replaces the Ship Service Level field (field number 200). If you are upgrading your existing CSM integration with this release, you must make the following changes to ensure that your solution continues to operate as desired:
- Update your existing API mappings in the CSM API Functions The API functions you must update are dependent on your API Set:
- SP-API: From the GETORDERS function, locate the existing mapping to table 70338221, field 200 (Ship Service Level) and update this field number to 205 (Channel Shipping Method).
- MWS: From the LISTORDERS function, locate the existing mapping to table 70338221, field 200 (Ship Service Level) and update this field number to 205 (Channel Shipping Method). Repeat this process for the LISTORDERSBYTOKEN
- Update any custom extensions that use the legacy Ship Service Level field to use the new Channel Shipping Method field.
Features and Functionality
- The CSM for Amazon FBA Inventory Management module has been refactored to support Amazon’s modern SP-API set.
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2022 Wave 1 (version 20) has been added to CSM for Amazon.
- Supporting data retrieval has been added for the following data types:
- Shipping Methods
- Shipping Carriers
This functionality can simplify setup activities by allowing users to instantly populate CSM tables with records that have been retrieved from a default data load. See the in-depth feature description for more details.
- Amazon-specific accommodations have been made to support the addition of a new Channel Shipping Method field has been added to the CSM Shipping Method and CSM Order tables and their related pages in CSM Core. This field replaces the existing Ship Service Level field, which is where an external platform’s retrieved shipment method code was stored. The existing field entered these retrieved values as Business Central codes, which resulted in a format that was incompatible with some platforms. The new field retrieves these values as text, which will support all data retrieval scenarios. See the upgrade instructions for more details.
- The ability to print item labels for FBA inbound shipments has been added to CSM for Amazon. See the in-depth feature description for more details.
- For deployments using Amazon’s modern SP-API set, instructing CSM to get an FBA inbound shipment’s package labels, pallet labels, or bill of lading will result in the automatic download of these documents. In deployments using Amazon’s legacy MWS API set, the user must still manually instruct CSM to download these documents.
- Server -issued status codes that are generated as a response to CSM API message requests are now being recorded in the HTTP Response Status Code field in the CSM API Message table.
- The GETORDERS CSM API function was not retrieving the necessary Next token. This has been corrected.
- A hexadecimal error was being generated when attempting to parse non-English characters, such as Arabic or Chinese. This has been corrected.
- In SP-API deployments, shipping discounts were not being properly calculated on sales orders that were created from retrieved CSM orders. This has been corrected.
- Codeunit 70338338’s status has been updated from Obsolete Pending to Obsolete. This codeunit will be removed from CSM for Amazon in a future release.
- CSM for Amazon’s automated test scripts have been expanded to include additional testing scenarios.
- CSM for Amazon’s default demo data load has been updated to support new features introduced with this release.