A new Channel Payments Manager (“CPM”) application that allows for connectivity between Business Central and external payment platforms has been introduced by Suite Engine. In addition to a core architecture that facilitates the development of platform integrations, CPM features out-of-the-box integrations to commonly-used payment solutions. CPM contains the necessary setup and processing functionality to properly send information back and forth between Business Central and a connected platform:
Features and Functionality
- A new Default Payment Method field has been added to the CPM Payment Platform table. The payment method code that is defined in this field is assigned to payment customer ledger entries that are created from the payment platform’s activities.
- The AssistButton for the Contact No. field on the CPM Customer Link Card page now presents a list that is filtered to only include contacts that have been set up for the assigned value in the Customer No. field. Previously this list would present all contact records, regardless of the assigned customer.
- It is now possible to accept payments in currencies other than the defined local currency in Business Central.
The following Channel Payments Manager Core changes will support forthcoming features and functionality for channel specific integrations:
- Functionality has been added to support the expansion of CPM payments to sales orders in an upcoming Stripe integration:
- It is possible to accept credit card payments for sales orders.
- Payments can either be captured immediately or recorded as payment authorizations that will be captured at a later time.
- Re-authorization functionality accommodates scenarios where a partial authorization amount it captured by CPM.
- Authorization thresholds can be established that prevent the release or shipment of a sales order unless a specified authorization amount is recorded.
- A new CPM Payments FactBox containing payment authorization and capture details has been added to the sales order card and list.